Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ciao! Mi chiamo Vanessa.

This was a great week. Why? Because my friend, Jessica from Italy, was visiting Toronto.

The first time we met was in Taiwan for the World University Championships in July. She told me she was planning on visiting Toronto sometime during the Fall so I gave her my email, cell number, and address so that we could meet up.



Early September, I was on the FITA (International Archery Federation) website following the results from the World Field Championships. HOLY COW!!! Jessica, this friend I made in Taiwan, not only kicked butt during the ranking round, she dominated right until the end and won gold! Daaang, I was friends with a world champion!

So once she got to Toronto, she gave me a call and we met up.
On Monday, along with my friend Melissa, we did a bit of shopping at the good ol' Toronto Eaton Centre, chowed down on Pad Thai and spring rolls, and went to archery practice. It's not too often you get a chance to share your bow with a world champion. Shooting on Monday was definitely a night to remember.



We met again on Friday. I decided I didn't want her to go back to Italy without having had a poutine. mmm poutine... She loved it. Mission accomplished! We went to archery practice and this time, with the help of my coach and friends, we had a full bow set up for her. It was great and I think she appreciated it. Alana, Crispin, Melissa and I left a bit early to take Jess bowling (sorry Joan and Gary for splitting like that). Here's a word of advice: stay alert when bowling with Jessica because there's a pretty good chance that a bowling ball's coming your way! hahaha There was a lot of crazy dancing, singing off-key, and gutter balls. All in all, it was a great night. We all agreed that if given the chance, we would keep Jessica forever.


She's leaving on Tuesday.
Ahh I'm really gonna miss her.

5 comments:

  1. Vanessa, you're a star! Practice hard, I believe in you! Someday soon, I know it'll be you wearing the gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thats so cute. makes me miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey vanessa! cute blog! keep up the hard work and always score 1440, or shoot 1440? same thing...
    by the way, its me daniel!
    ps: you still watch himym? last episode was crazy, and heroes so garbage,

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha I think you've got it mixed up.
    himym is garbage and heroes is crazy!

    1440?!?!?!?!

    ..if I ever shoot 1440, you will be the first to know. But don't sit around waiting for the phone to ring.

    ReplyDelete