Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Seven weeks

Each day progressively gets painfully loooonnnger.

Tick... tock...

It's kind of like the last few days of school before summer break - except that this feeling of impatience has come 7 weeks earlier. In an attempt to pass the time, I started reading Harry Potter again. (I only read the first book when it came out) so now, I'm starting again from the beginning.

OH! A few days ago, I called my coach in Korea (my real coach is Joan, here in Canada) and she handed the phone over to Hye-Jin, a friend I made at University Worlds! In Taiwan, Hye-Jin was the top ranked archer going into eliminations and I just happened to meet her in the second round. Of course, after a nail-biter of a match in the first round, I was already thrilled that I had made it through to the second round! I ended up losing to Hye-Jin but I was still smiling from ear to ear at the end of the match. For some reason, getting eliminated by a Korean makes it okay or much easier to accept. Anyway, Hye-Jin is just as excited about me coming to train with her as I am!


Left: With Hye-Jin; Right: They made it their goal to make me do these "A" hand signs.

Thanks to all the wonderful people who have been checking my blog, commenting, and encouraging me through other means of communication! It's nice getting such great feedback! As of right now, these blog posts might be a little dull.. but they'll definitely get more interesting once Christmas rolls around.

I added a couple "gadgets" to my blog. If you look to the right, you'll see a clock that shows what time it is in Korea and just below it you can watch some of my practice videos I post on YouTube. But I'm warning you, those videos are pretty boring (I use them to learn). Some might find it interesting to see how my form has changed over time.

Okay, take care!

v.

3 comments:

  1. wow suping up your blog...nice...and nice cheesy pics...glad you're getting into korea-mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi vanessa!
    i was here and i read your blog!
    haha~ i also saw the youtubepractice vid of you with the "italia" jersey.
    it was fun to watch... like watching a golf swing... but with a bow and arrow... and no ball....hm... like watching a golf swing.. haha~~
    -- LOVE JANE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, Vanessa! I'll keep reading for sure. ( and I know, I know, no one wants to admit liking the backstreet boys, but hey, great driving music if anything else!)

    Pascale

    ReplyDelete