Monday, November 24, 2008

Change in plans!

Madonna was right.. time goes by so slowly!
Okay, okay, okay. I should stop complaining about how long each day is and how many more days I have to endure.

Sidenote:
"Coach" = coach in Korea (you never call a coach by their first name in Korea)
Joan is my actual coach here in Canada, but we all call her "Joan"

EARLY Sunday morning, my mom came running into my room with the kitchen phone in her hand. She said I had to get up and talk to my coach who was waiting on the line. My coach said that every year the university's archery team goes on a ski/snowboard trip right after Christmas for 3 days and 2 nights before they start training. The team looks forward to this trip every year and they always have an awesome time! Since I was planning on visiting my family in Busan for New Year's before heading to Daegu, the team thought it would be best to postpone the trip so that I could go along with them. But when my mom heard this, she insisted that we cancel my flight to Busan and go straight to Daegu! Now this means that they don't have to postpone the trip and that I can meet everyone on the team as soon as I arrive in Korea!

I am SOOOOOO-O-O-O excited. If I am good at anything, I know that I'm good at snowboarding. Thanks to my sister, I learned how to ride when I was 7. I loved it so much that I wanted to go to the Olympics for snowboarding after it first appeared in Nagano. My parents are relieved that I got into archery and replaced my snowboarding days with a sport where my two feet are firmly planted on the ground.

So for the three days of snowboarding, I'll do my best to thoroughly enjoy the time we have on the hills. Because for those three glorious days I'll be able to kick their butts on the slopes... but for the six months after that, they'll all be kicking my butt on shooting line.

What made me happiest about Sunday morning's phone call was what my coach said about the team. She said they are VERY excited that I'm coming to train with them. If they are anywhere near as excited as I am... that's pretty excited.

I'm excited.
They're excited.


one more time...

excited!


How many times can you use the same word in one blog post?



* Oh gosh, I just turned twenty. Woo... hoo...

5 comments:

  1. Happy 20th Birthday Vanessa!!!
    Always remember how much GOD loves you...
    So do Unny, Appa & Umma ^-^
    The mini snowboarder(How people called you on the slopes) is all grownup now...
    Before you kick their butts, you need to teach your coach how to ride. She wanted to learn...
    Luv Umma

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday little gold diamond studded circle!
    make sure you work out hard on the slopes your first few days in korea cuz you're gonna be eating lots of mr pizza and red mango!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo ummm are u in korea? i sent u a text.. wishing u happy birthday lol ... it's joanna btw :)
    aww ur umma is tooo cute ><
    and her English.. is AMAZING!!!
    and dayum... snowboarding.. SO LUCKY!!! oooh i want to see u rideeee and kick buttt lol well hope all is well and your having a grand time :D :D remember when u get back we go *********** :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw cute you mom commented.

    vanessa that sounds soooooo coolio hoolio! i'm excited too. so we're at like 300% excitement?

    jhan

    ReplyDelete
  5. vanessa! you know who this is... i am indicating that i was here but i would also like to leave a real comment....

    first of all~ it is so cute that your mom commented (as previously indicated by jhan) :):) i dont know about you but it puts a warm feeling in MY heart HAHAH~~

    and second of all (but not second to the first.. they are equally first but for the sake of proper form, it must be secondly.. but it is actually also "first of all")~~ the ski/snowboard trip sounds AWESOMENESS and i am so glad that you're so excited about everything :):):):):) its like everyday, you wake up and there is a BIG BRIGHT HAPPY SPOT which is MIGHTY FINEEEEEE :D:D lol it would have been crazy crazy if you decided to do snowboarding and archery in the olympics hahaha~~

    okok i love you..."the webmaster" HAHAHAHAHA.... omg~~ i am so into "webmaster" (as previously mentioned in the other blog).. but i think i just like being "the master" of something regardless of the "web" part...

    ok i love you again :) i am happy, you are happy, i am excited, you are excited... what could be better???

    -- the j!

    ReplyDelete