Sunday, February 15, 2009

Limbs, arrows, and valentines ♡

The university is building a hospital very close to the dorms so today, they cut the electricity. Of all days... why must it be Sunday, the day I get a full 24 hours of rest?! baaahhh! Anyway, I spent all the battery on my laptop watching the Grammy's and so I couldn't make a video. I guess I'll have to save all my lovely charm for next week! *insert a 느끼한 wink right here*

Last week, I was worried about my back pains coming back since we were switching to much heavier limbs. Just in case you might not be familiar with archery equipment, here's a VERY BASIC diagram I just found on Google images:



On a recurve bow, you can use the same riser but switch your limbs so that the weight you're holding at full draw isn't too heavy or too light for you. Anyhooo... I was worried that my back pains would strike again and I am VERY pleased to say that I haven't had any signs of the evil thing returning. I've been shooting 400 to 600 arrows a day and I am just very pleased.

I also switched to X10 arrows and WOW they really do make a difference. Even my bow feels different! This week I'm going to be tuning and polishing short distances before I go to 70m next week.

In other news, it was Valentine's Day yesterday. I hope you got to spend it with people you appreciate. Here's a little something you may not know about Korea. Every day is Valentine's Day in Korea. You can't go shopping without seeing couple's keychains, couple's rings, couple's special on a dinner menu. It's not out of the ordinary to see a couple wearing matching clothes from head to toe (and probably underwear too). Anyway, it was the actual Valentine's Day in the land of lovers yesterday and I survived as a very single person! =D 성공! I actually went to watch the movie He's Just Not That Into You with some friends and it was just very refreshing to watch a movie in English.

On a more sensitive, and hopefully not-so-emotional note, I realized just HOW important my friends and family at home are to me. I spent a lot of time this week just thinking about you guys at home and it made me happy. Thanks for keeping in touch with me even though I'm standing upside-down half-way across this beautiful world. Oh yeah, just one question... will you be my valentine?

NOT! I already have a valentine. Her name is Ellie and she is my dog. I love her but she loves everyone BUT me. Anyway, love ain't easy, right?

-v.

6 comments:

  1. Ohh...x10's !! Can you get me some of those? I can't afford to buy them here and Easton won't let it's dealers in the US sell to me anymore Boo Hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ellie had a wonderful valentine's day with me...don't you worry your pretty little head about her... :)

    and don't forget that a new season of amazing race has started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last paragraph hurts me bad. Real bad. thought we had something special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i look forward to your weekly updates, i so badly wish i was in korea.

    the whole couple keychain, t-shirt, hats, bags, everything kinda got to me too while i was there but then you come to realize that seriously, who wants to wear the same thing as their boyfriend anyways! right? keke

    i hope you have a fantastic week v!
    FIGHTING!

    oooh and!!
    www.ch131.com
    stream shows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BooHee,
    Who ever you are, I love you for that link to Ch131. It's going to make being an outsider in Japan much easier !
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg. Mr. ANONYMOUS...lol...

    and vanessa....this is really boring waiting for a full week between posts...boring!!

    ReplyDelete