Tuesday, December 2, 2008

HAPPY DECEMBER!!!

It's December! The weather has been confusing me lately, as it always does this time of year in Toronto. Rain, wind, snow, rain, sun, snow. It keeps things interesting, I guess! It's the most wonderful time of the year! All the radio stations begin to play Christmas music, the streets light up with decorations, and crazy people start taking over the shopping malls! ahhh, it's lovely.

I'm glad to hear so many of you enjoyed my mom's comment on my last post. haha she's great... (did you hear that, umma? I love you! ^^)

Not much is happening right now. School will definitely be keeping me busy for the next two weeks.


My friends that I shoot with always enjoy learning words and phrases in Korean. So I figured it would be cool to teach some simple Korean through this blog! Here are some words and phrases you might find useful: (I took the images from learnkorean.com shhh!!!)


ahn-nyong-ha-se-yo
"How are you?" (this is how you say "Hi!" politely)


ahn-nyong-i kah-se-yo
"Goodbye!" (literal translation is "go well")


kahm-sa-hahm-ni-da
"Thank you!" (formal)

양궁
yang-goong
"Western archery" (han-goong is Korean traditional archery)

6 comments:

  1. i get your xanga post via email
    '난 너를 사랑해~' 붉은 노을! 빅뱅!

    i can't believe you're leaving so soon! You're going to have an AWESOME time!

    good luck my dear and lets try to do something before you take off on a jet plane~

    yay superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely going to miss you van!! :(
    im sad and happy for you!
    hopefully we'll lunch before you leave.

    post loads of pic from Korea!! ill be here from time to time to see how you're doing

    you've got crazy skill and potential so chase your dreams and shoot for the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I heard it Vanessa!!!
    You are great too~~ so is Unny!!!
    I love you too^-^

    22 days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Van. I will miss your striped shirt in class. LOL. But no really you are too awesome. I will bogo you for sure.

    Much luck in training, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha it keeps things interesting LOL. i wish there was snow!!! i vunder if its snowing in korea.. this crazy shopper will be hitting the mall tmr after my first exam.

    jhan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun in Korea!!
    Haha yeah the weather here is going crazy. Now there's snow everywhere lol.
    woo i learned some korean today XD

    ReplyDelete