Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 3! - The 29th.

Yesterday was Sunday so there wasn't any practice. I went downtown with Hye-Jin and we bought things that I needed like hangers for my clothes and laundry stuff. We also walked around and ate a lot of... EVERYTHING. Frozen strawberries covered in candy on a stick, green tea ice cream, and yummm free samples at the grocery store. It was heaven! We also took some sticker pictures (OH YEAH!) and I felt very Korean.

So today is Monday and was my first day of training. The team ate breakfast together at 7:20 and then walked to the archery range. It's FAR! I couldn't eat very much because I was too nervous about my first day. We got to the range at around 8:00. When we got there, the 1st years were already busy sweeping the floors. It's just what they're expected to do.

Once the building was clean, we went for a run around the track. Jogging for 4.5 laps and sprinting the last half. It definitely wasn't easy for me and I felt VERY out of shape. Just like the other day, everyone took turns leading the same cycle of dynamic stretches and at the end, did a cheer. "1-2-3 fighting!" (yeeaaaaah!!!)

From 9 am to noon, we shot and shot and shot. From 12-2, we had lunch at the cafeteria and had a very nice break. At 2, we stretched again and shot until 5. At 5, we all headed to the track and did the 5 laps. Dynamic stretching and a cheer. This time, the cheer was "oi, 수고했습니다"... which is how you tell someone that they worked hard. Just like Saturday, we all went back inside and stood in a line and listened to what the coach had to say about practice today. After the synchronized bow (it sounds so weird in English), practice was over.

I was VERY scared at the beginning of practice today. I was most concerned that I would shoot an arrow through one of the windows. Luckily, I didn't and I actually shot very well. There's something about shooting beside people who are so talented that it makes you work so much harder. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

We went out for 라볶이 (yummmm!) and now I'm just very very very tired.
I'm going to have to sleep early tonight and hopefully be ready for tomorrow.


I've been taking a lot of pictures and will post them soon!

Hye-Jin and I made a video so I'll have to post that soon too.

12 comments:

  1. haha your blogspot is awesome. I'm definitely going to start a fan club lols. anyways best of luck with everything and i shall be waiting for another blog :)

    your japanese brother, Jahel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everything is going well and it's only your first few days training there! Not only will you be an even more amazing archer... you're going to be super jackfit (that's jacked and fit together).

    Keep on doing what you're doing! We believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im actually jealous now. ur having ur own little adventure in korea. so awesome. i'd do nething to get out of canada to have my own adventure. and ur doing it doing what u love. oooh, if u come back FOB im gonna have to kick every single bit of it out of u.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha so when u wanna post a comment u have to type in a word, u know how websites do that to make sure ur human? so my word was tightanl. puhahah, ok im so immature. but yeah tight anal...no? grow up? okay, i will. just had to share that...cuz uknow, it's me. hahah =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol vanessa dynamic stretching sounds so funny! maybe it's a professional word for stretching but still..it's so funny. haha and synchronized bow. it's 12pm there so you're probably eating lunch. hope u get lots of energy to work super hard. i cried a little reading ur blog. miss u tons!

    jhan

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi van! its meeee!!! but i am not just leaving my mark today. i would like to say CONGRATULATIONSS!! IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING THE MOST AWESOME/PHYSICALLY HARD TIME OF YOUR LIFEEE!! i'm so glad you're already so into the....korean life haha~~~ and i love love love your blog posts :) it is nice and detailed and i love it. thanks for posting even though you must be super tired!!! keep up the good workk!! KOREA TO LONDON BABY!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice...free samples at the grocery store...just a normal weekend for you! so anyway, it sounds like you've had enough archery to last a lifetime....time to come back to toronto!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaaahoooo, 4.5 laps of jogging and a half lap of sprinting....I love it... Appa loves it too...
    Please tell your coach how much your umma appreciates it, hehe!!! I'm sure you will know why appa and umma are soooo happy about your jogging and sprinting.
    Please do not break any windows like how you made hole in our powder room through the family room wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. the training sounds so tough! but i'm glad you're having fun. but i miss you... always update your blog :) i love reading it. it's like i'm there with u hahahaaa~ anyways, loovee uuuuu!

    becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, my dear Vanessa...
    I'm very happy to hear how you are having a wonderful time there.
    Champion is never a Champion without all those training. You are appa's little girl with big dreams...
    "To achieve great things, we must not only ACT, but also DREAM: not only PLAN, but also BELIEVE."
    I miss you and I love you sooooooo much...
    Luv appa^-^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, Vanessa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vanessa

    I lov your Blog, it is just like being there. You look like you are having so much fun and I am glad you have not shot out any windows. May be we should get them at Caledon. Cannot wait till your next entry.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete