Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy New Year!

I've been incredibly tired since coming back from the ski and snowboard trip. I took a bunch of pictures and even took some video of my friends going down the slopes but haven't had a chance to put it all together in one easy-to-watch YouTube video. So, I guess it's time for a good ol' fashioned BLOG... with typing! ahhhh!!!

Training today was... AMAZING! My coach and I started to focus more on the right side (drawing side) of my technique and it's amazing how quickly everything came together. My shots felt so smooth, like slicing through a warm stick of butter!

Oh, I forgot to mention this a couple of weeks ago. But ever since my January 5th (The Aftermath) video, we have been running 10 laps and weight training every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It became a regular thing! Gosh, it's no wonder why I have such a huge appetite. My roommate calls me her little pig.

Monday, the 26th, is 설날... (seolnal) or Lunar New Year. It's comparable to Christmas in North America. So for the New Year, we get a one-week holiday!

After practice tomorrow morning, I'll be going to Busan, where I'll stay with my relatives until the 28th. Then, I'll meet my roomate, Hye Jin unny, in Seoul (the capital of South Korea) where I'll visit my mom's friends as well as some archery coaches I know at the Korea National Sport University (KNSU). This is actually the school of one of my favourite archers, Im Dong Hyun. It's too bad he graduated in December because his coach promised me that we would meet. I guess I'll just have to wait until the tournaments roll around in March and April.

When I get back, I will very busy posting pictures and videos from our ski trip, time spent with family in Busan, and my time in Seoul with family friends, Hye Jin unny, and friends at the KNSU.

Take care and I will talk to you soon! =)

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Vanessa. Glad to hear Tessa did go and check your site out. Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. smooth like butter eh? must be nice to finally experience what it feels like to shoot like me...congrats! welcome to MY world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a good coach. My shots are more like a cold spoon through peanut butter LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey cousin-v! LOVE your blog. It's like I see you more now than when you were in TO. Keep the pix/posts/videos coming and say 'hi' to the fam in busan for me!

    cuz-b

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Sulnal Vee!
    WOW it's been so long since we talked & I think this is my first time leaving a comment here.
    But I've been following up with all of your blog entries ;) (LOVE THE VIDEOS)
    It's great to see that you met so many nice people...that's probably one of the greatest blessings a person could have when she's away from home.

    Take careeeeee <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. sulnal was my FAVORITE holiday to spend in korea.
    It gives you a whole new perspective on the holiday, no?
    I hope you enjoyed all the wonderful food that comes with the lunar new year and i hope you have an AWESOME time in seoul!
    stay safe darling! LOVE your blog :P

    hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey honey, bo goship uh
    i have sudden cravings to go eat after class at the breakfast place we always go to and i miss going to china garden (fried rice!)annnddd our once in while macdonalds days HAHA
    hehe happy sulnal =) miss youuu <3

    ReplyDelete