Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I got Seoul!

Hey friends and family!

I arrived safely in Seoul just last night. I'm staying at my mother's friend's house until the 30th or 31st... I'm not quite sure yet.

Today, I'll be meeting family friends at 2:00PM and then I'll meet up with Hye Jin unny at 6:00. She's going to stay the night. Tomorrow, we're going to visit our friends at the Korea National Sport University. I'm really excited for that because so many of Korea's top elite athletes come from that University. BUT... when it comes to female recurve archery, Keimyung University always does much better than KNSU. (I think I've already developed quite a bit of school spirit!)

So, I'll be taking the subway to get around today. You may not know this, but the Seoul subway system is simply incredible! I used to think Toronto's TTC was pretty awesome but MAN, I was wrong. In my opinion, we have a lot of ground to make up when it comes to public transportation. When you're in Seoul, all you need is a public transport card and you're good to go. Chances are there's a subway station so close to your destination that the furthest you'll have to walk is a couple blocks.


click to enlarge


The thing is, you'll have to carefully plan your way through the spider web-like routes.

I will catch up with you in Daegu! Love you!

-v.

3 comments:

  1. Now that you're in Seoul you can finally go to that cultural/literary gathering I've been recommending to broaden your horizons. What was it again...'Book Reading Club'? 'Literary Circle'? 'Book Room'?

    Oh, 'Booking Club' is what they call it in Korea. You should go to one of these. Right emo, emo-bu and Steph? Vanessa should spend some time in a Booking Club to learn cross-cultural dynamics.

    Ok, my work here is done...

    c-b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to tell us all about the Soul food and Soul music :)
    Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, C-B

    It's me, imo...
    I'm sorry that it took me a while to answer...
    I know Steph tried to comment on your terrific idea but somehow did not post....

    I was going to ask if you can join V in Seoul for that Club or whatever....
    Because she needs c-b's approval.

    Love from imo and family...

    ReplyDelete